- Red (velvet) cookies: The Hollywood Foreign Press, which runs the Golden Globe awards, will livestream the red carpet on Twitter.
- Don't fight over the cookies: Streaming. Cord-cutters. Competition. Here's a reality check on the future of teevee.
- I can find the cookies in the dark: Novel idea, showcased well on video: A reflective spray that makes bicyclists more visible at night. Washes off your clothes easily, too.
- Last call for cookies: This article says voice is the next big platform. It's betting on Alexa. And if you needed another hint, Facebook announced live audio posts are now possible on the site.
- One minute to midnight: My post Last-minute tactics for a sterling presentation appeared on Ragan.com.
- Snack on this: Twitter has figured out what to do with Vine, its video posting app. And it's also testing a mobile Twitter app without a retweet button, and mucking around with its search function.
- Week in review: This week, my Moderating Panels blog shared a high-level example of when the moderator has to disagree with a speaker. On this blog, I suggested that a 2-question list could change your communications career.
- Chew on this: Buy my ebook, The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels; tell your colleagues to put this blog in their feeds; sign up for my free monthly newsletter, or let me know how we can work together in 2017 with an email to eloquentwoman at gmail.com.
Friday, December 23, 2016
@dontgetcaught on Twitter and don't get caught on Facebook, and curated here for you. Munch away, communicators: