- Liveguard? Live video views are rising on YouTube, not ceding ground to those newcomers.
- Talk to the sand: More than half of consumers prefer businesses that use chat apps, new data shows.
- Gritty: Facebook replaced its human editors of trending topics with robots, which promptly pushed a fake story. Facebook is working on fixing that.
- A pinch of sand: Instagram finally added pinch to zoom.
- Washed out to sea: And no one likes the shorter Facebook trending headlines that the robots are writing.
- Baaaaack to the beach? Google Sheep View, in which the Faroe Islanders equipped sheep with cameras to get on the map, as it were, is expanding. Cameras will soon grace backpacks, kayaks, and even wheelbarrows.
- Never too old for sandcastles: Here's a deep dive into demographic data about people aged 45 and up, courtesy of Facebook for Business.
- Dig it: Google+ has been previewing a new look and features, which are rolling out to all this week.
- Week in review: This week, my Moderating Panels blog shared a reader's tip on getting panelists focused on the audience, right from the start. On this blog, I looked at the sounds of speechwriting, and where to find them in podcasts.
- One of these really *is* in a (non-sand) castle: I have two great workshops coming up: one in Austria for communications pros who work with experts, another in Edinburgh on adding meaning to your speeches with metaphor. Register today--seats are filling and registration closes soon!
- Get the sand out of your shoes: Buy my ebook, The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels; tell your colleagues to put this blog in their feeds; sign up for my free monthly newsletter, or let me know how we can work together in 2016 with an email to eloquentwoman at gmail.com.
Friday, September 02, 2016
@dontgetcaught on Twitter and curated here for you. It's time to get your head back from the beach: