- Get in, or out, of the pool: Here's a roundup of Twitter's new video options. And blocking on Twitter just closed two big loopholes.
- Poolside: Instagram hit 500 million users, but they're spending less time on the app.
- Pool tote: Unclutterer offers ways to take advantage of digital photography technology while still staying organized.
- The lifeguard seat: Google Data Studio could be your new dashboard for analytics, especially after you learn how to add data from ads on Facebook, Bing, and Twitter to the big array of Google data.
- Life jacket: Here's how to turn off all of those live-video-happening-now notifications on Facebook. You're welcome.
- Swim-up bar? Teenagers find likes intoxicating, says this new data on teens and social media use.
- Week in review: This week, my Moderating Panels blog looked at the one muscle you need to exercise to be a better panel moderator--really, my best tip on managing panels. On this blog, I shared tips on building relationships with reporters.
- Dive in: Buy my ebook, The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels; tell your colleagues to put this blog in their feeds; sign up for my free monthly newsletter, or let me know how we can work together in 2016 with an email to eloquentwoman at gmail.com.
Join me in Edinburgh, Scotland, on October 20 for a new workshop, Add Meaning with Metaphor: Improve your Speeches with the Most Powerful Figure of Speech. It's a pre-conference workshop at the Edinburgh Speechwriters and Business Communicators Conference, designed to help both speakers and speechwriters use this powerful tool. You can register here for just the workshop, the conference, or both, and you'll get the best discount if you sign up by August 1.