- You won't get the boot here: YouTube's player is "bolder," with bigger text, new functionality, and more. And it's designed to "understand you better," aka get you to watch longer.
- Boot selfies? Facebook is said to be trying again to create a standalone camera app that will allow instant livestreaming.
- These boots were made for charging: An accidental discovery may lead to longer battery life. Not a moment too soon, either.
- Rainy simple syndication: I connected with this paean to Google Reader, which is no more. If Feedly didn't have list view, I'd be completely disconsolate.
- Step in time: Scrollers delight? Hi-fi, wi-fi, Holiday Inn: Time spent on posts will now factor into the Facebook news feed algorithm
- A toe in the water: Young, bilingual Latinos who prefer to watch shows in English are an overlooked audience, says Hulu. Of course, they're doing something about that.
- BOGO boots: In order to meet its goal of tripling its audience of 1.6 billion users, Facebook has to work to drive tech and Internet connections more affordable for all.
- Boot up: Here's how to export your LinkedIn contacts and use them elsewhere.
- Reboot your calendar: Amazon's Echo now can add events to your Google calendar. Thank you, Alexa.
- Week in review: This week, my Moderating Panels blog shared the case for moderator-led panels (aka those with no presentations). On this blog, I updated and republished I don't write blog posts until I'm ready to write, including what I do instead. Yesterday, I led a workshop on how to give a killer presentation at Athenahealth in Boston.
- Stomp in a puddle: Buy my ebook, The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels; tell your colleagues to put this blog in their feeds; sign up for my free monthly newsletter, or let me know how we can work together in 2016 with an email to eloquentwoman at gmail.com.
Friday, April 29, 2016
@dontgetcaught on Twitter and curated here just for you. These boots were made for walking toward getting smarter by Monday: