- Artisanal steak: Amazon is launching Handmade, a crafts marketplace that's already being called an Etsy killer.
- Steak for less: HBO Now might start discounting subscriptions to the streaming service.
- Where the stakeholders aren't the waiters at Sizzlers: A new survey suggests that 79 percent of Washington insiders use LinkedIn.
- Steaks of the world: Here's a roundup of the social networks people are using around the world, with useful data if you're reaching international audiences (or trying to).
- Steak at the food truck: Mobile video users will outpace those watching TV at home later this year. How will that change things?
- How to cook a perfect steak: Here's new data suggesting that Facebook's primed to get ahead of YouTube in online video.
- Aerial view of the grill: GoPro, the tiny action video camera, is making drones to go with them.
- Grill marks: Someone got stuck on cranky and created a Chrome extensions that changes all references to millennials to "snake people."
- Like steak at a hot dog dinner: The biggest struggle once you have an app is getting it seen. App indexing may be the key to getting yours higher in Google search results.
- Hot coals: Everything can be measured. Here, we learn just how much New Yorker cartoons feature white men.
- Side of beef: Mary Meeker's annual deep dive into Internet trends is out, nearly 200 slides' worth--and worth reading and sharing. See highlights here, and settle in with the full deck here. These should update any presentations you're doing on where things are headed.
- Missed from the grill: ICYMI, earlier this week I wrote about the value of formats--like David Letterman's top 10 lists--in your blogging.
(Creative Commons licensed photo by _Bubby_)
Got a panel coming up? Whether you're a conference organizer, speaker, or moderator, you'll have a better panel--and a sparkling discussion--if you plan with The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels. At just $3.99 in all ebook formats, it's like having a coach with whom you can prepare and bring on stage with you.