- Fresh start: You all rushed to create apps and now there are too many of them and they're hard to find. Time to focus on what's next in mobile now that a critical mass of people has a smartphone.
- Fresh prince: Some great data here, commissioned by Facebook, on U.S.-based African Americans, Hispanics, and Asians, and their online video habits on FB.
- I smell a rat: The latest big trademark battle? Two different brands of car scent makers. If you can't tell those trees apart, it's become a court case.
- That smells awful: The Oxford Dictionary word of the year is actually an emoji.
- A fresh new sound: Google posts here about the launch of YouTube Music, a specialized app with a "better interface for playing music. There are no comments, you can switch between the video mode and the audio-only mode, the autoplay feature is enabled by default and you can't disable it."
- Fresh data, old problem: HubSpot has five charts on where the publishing industry stands, from email and option overload to print and new tech adoption. Data here.
- Don't freshen my memory: This post about Facebook Memories coughing up unfortunate events of the past is worth reading. It'll make you think differently about what you (and FB) are sharing.
- Hit refresh: I've been coaching speakers at the TEDMED conference in Palm Springs all week, for the fifth year in a row--it's always a rollercoaster and a personal best in coaching for me.
- Still fresh: This week, my Moderating Panels blog looked at why moderators shouldn't steal the speakers' best content for her intros, and this blog shared my order of MOO's new NFC-enabled business cards that let smartphones go straight to any link you specify.
(Creative Commons licensed photo by Robert S. Donovan)
Got a panel coming up? Whether you're a conference organizer, speaker, or moderator, you'll have a better panel--and a sparkling discussion--if you plan with The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels. At just $3.99 in all ebook formats, it's like having a coach with whom you can prepare and bring on stage with you.