- Hold the cone upright: We've adjusted to horizontal video, thanks to our phones. But vertical video is the next big thing. Time to adjust...
- Cone or cup? In an effort to get you off your regular blog platform and back onto Facebook, its Notes feature is getting upgraded.
- Worse than the ice cream truck music: In the wake of disturbing views of a live shooting of two reporters, with autoplay leaving viewers no choice, Mashable offers tips for turning off video autoplay on Twitter and Facebook.
- Many flavors, part I: Here's why it's important not to think of your audience as a monolith: While many get their news from Twitter and Facebook, African-American and Hispanic millennials are more likely to get news on YouTube and Instagram.
- I don't trust you with my ice cream: Ashley Madison users should learn from their kids: Millennials trust their banks, Amazon, and Google to keep their info secure, but really don't trust Tinder, Snapchat, other social sites, and even LinkedIn, says a new survey.
- Many flavors, part II: That sharing economy (think Uber and Airbnb)? It's not just for hipsters. Seniors want in on the movement.
- Drops and drips: Do you know how to fix all your mistakes on Facebook with the Activity Log? Here's the tutorial.
- Everyone knows of my strong commitment to ice cream: Twitter killed off some third-party apps that let us know when politicians deleted tweets.
- How to eat ice cream: 91% of smartphone users look for ideas on their phone while completing a task, and YouTube searches on "how to" are growing 70%, year after year. Get more in this Think Google article.
- Put that ice cream in the freezer: LinkedIn Slideshare now lets you clip slides you like to a clipboard, organize them, and share them.
- Ice cream novelties: More than half of young millennials (age 13-24) are more likely to watch a movie ad or trailer on YouTube than TV.
- Missed the ice cream truck? This week, my Tell It Better storytelling series looked at borrowing a story, and the Moderating Panels blog looked at using moderators to elevate the overall quality of your conference.
Friday, August 28, 2015
@dontgetcaught on Twitter and curated here just for you. Don't cry over spilt ice cream:
(Creative Commons licensed photo by Caro Willis)
Make that ice cream truck stop playing 'Turkey in the Straw:" Buy my new ebook, The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels; sign up for my free monthly newsletter, or let me know how we can work together in 2015 with an email to eloquentwoman at gmail.com.