- Secure my pancakes: Single-use email links are replacing passwords on Medium. And Dropbox (much as Google has done) may soon give you more storage space if you improve security on your account.
- Pincakes: The buyable pin has arrived on Pinterest.
- Yes, I'm taking a pic of my pancakes: It's no longer against the rules to take photos inside the White House.
- Editing my plate: Facebook made it easy to change your profile pic to the rainbow flag last week, a neat way to debut its new photo-editing features. As a result, 26 million of you tried it.
- Goes well with syrup: Evernote's wonderful web clipper--a workhorse tool in my office--now works better with Gmail, YouTube, and more.
- Flipping pancakes is all in the wrist: Stop using your keyboard and watch this video of hand and wrist exercises. You know you need to.
- Will beg for pancakes: If you only focus on grumbling when formats change on your favorite things on the Internet, read how a file format brought an industry to its knees, a useful lookback at the MP3's impact.
- Move my plate to the head of the line: Heads up, Facebook page admins: The news feed algorithm's changing to boost the status of videos with which users interact (think adjusting volume or going fullscreen).
- TV breakfasts? Think teevee's been defeated by the Internet and online video? Think again, says this author.
- Don't miss breakfast: This week, my Tell It Better storytelling series looked at 4 ways slides can interfere with your storytelling. And my Moderating Panels blog shared 6 smart ways moderators can interrupt speakers.
Friday, July 03, 2015
@dontgetcaught on Twitter and curated here just for you. Pass the maple syrup: