- Big spout: Game-changer of the week: Netflix won rights to be first to distribute a Brad Pitt feature film. Talk about moving the goal posts.
- Dash between the raindrops: Business Insider test drove the Amazon Dash, the device that makes it easy to order groceries.
- Rain in slow motion: Marketers, how many of you can respond to breaking news and trends in real time? Only 4 percent. Keep up, people.
- Quick storm: Meanwhile, Twitter's going to make it easier to follow fast-moving conversations by grouping them under the original tweet. Again: Keep up.
- Where'd I put that umbrella? Searching for Vine videos will soon be less...clunky, thanks to the ability to search keywords, phrases, and hashtags.
- Puddle splash: How to use Google+ to increase organic search traffic gets at one of my trade secrets.
- Il pleut: Where's my *finally* button? Skype Translator is coming to the desktop app.
- Genderless (or more) gargoyles? You've got more gender identity options on Pinterest.
- Missed the storm: This week, I looked at effective ways to repost or reuse your posts to get them seen, and Ragan.com published my post on 3 techniques to calm yourself before that big speech.
Got a panel coming up? Whether you're a conference organizer, speaker, or moderator, you'll have a better panel--and a sparkling discussion--if you plan with The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels. At just $3.99 in all ebook formats, it's like having a coach with whom you can prepare and bring on stage with you.