- Shuttle bus: Google's new search engine algorithm--which ranks mobile-friendly websites higher--is out April 21. Use Google's Mobile Friendly tool to see how your site measures up. Once you enter the URL and get your result, you'll also get pointers to best practices in mobile friendly design and more.
- Movie night: Netflix shares are high-priced these days. Analysts say it reflects a big change in our relationship with television.
- Call to action: Now you can Google your lost Android phone.
- Bulletin board: LinkedIn Elevate is a new platform designed to help encourage employees to share their employers' content more frequently on LinkedIn....'cause they're not doing it now. Interesting data used in the pitch.
- Proctor alert: Who's monitoring Facebook? This infographic looks at the dark side of what's posted and the people around the world who keep it out of your newsfeed.
- Banned on campus: Russia, clarifying an existing policy, deemed Internet memes and parody web sites illegal.
- Post no bills: YouTube has confirmed it will offer an ad-free subscription service. Proceeds will be split with creators of the content.
- Graduate education: If you're a top communicator, why would you need a speaker coach? looks at the thinking behind communicators who book training for others, but never for themselves. But as my coach says, it's a poor chef who fails to sharpen her own knives.
(Creative Commons licensed photo by Douglas Pfeiffer Cardoso)
Got a panel coming up? Whether you're a conference organizer, speaker, or moderator, you'll have a better panel--and a sparkling discussion--if you plan with The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels. At just $3.99 in all ebook formats, it's like having a coach with whom you can prepare and bring on stage with you.