- Bottom of the bowl? Instagram was bigger than Twitter...until it deleted all its spam accounts. Now it's well back in the lists.
- Tweets for the sweet: 5 reasons why your CEO should tweet is missing one more point, by my count: The CEO viewpoint is unique, which is what makes good tweeting CEOs so popular. (Just don't force her to do it if she doesn't want to, okay, kids?)
- You missed the candy announcement? Earlier this week, the DGC blog shared inspiration from my visit to an English landmark that turned out to be inspiring for my creativity and a great example of real-life and online engagement. Soak this one in.
- Ear candy: Be still, my heart: WhatsApp appears to be testing voice calling. This messaging app may be on the verge of up-ending phone service worldwide. You heard it here....
- I see you took the last piece: Analytics for Twitter can help you track and optimize how your tweets perform. Twitter for Business has a one-hour webinar coming up Feb. 11 at 10am PST on just that topic.
- Put the candy in the drawer for later: Digital Inspiration blog has lots of goodness. This week, it teaches you how to store your original YouTube videos on your Google Drive.
- Juicyfruit: Monica Amarelo tells us there's a very nice social media manager position open at Environmental Working Group. You know what to do now.
- Save some candy for TED: Come to my pre-conference workshop at the Spring Speechwriters and Business Communicators Conference in Cambridge, UK, this April. What goes into a TED-quality talk will help speakers, speechwriters and conference organizers understand how to craft and deliver a talk in the style of TED, whether you're getting ready for a TEDx conference or just a presentation in this popular style. Go to this link for more details on what's included, as well as a significant discount. The workshop is on 15 April, and the conference is 16-17 April. Please join me!
- Speak to me of candy: I'm doing a Google Hangout on Air/webinar called Public speaking scares me. Should I do it, anyway? on Feb. 12 with the editors of Technically Speaking, sponsored by Medium. Sign up at the link!
Friday, February 06, 2015
@dontgetcaught on Twitter, then present them here for you: