- Paper pushers: A study of 50,000 press releases yielded this infographic on best times to send them, among other data.
- Got your number here somewhere: Here's a simple way to download all your WhatsApp contacts.
- Service desk: More than 50 percent of Twitter users engage with brands, so you might need these 5 secrets of the best customer service accounts on Twitter.
- Reference desk: Voice searches and mobile searches on Google now have search histories. Lifehacker updates you and tells you how to opt-out.
- Stacks of books: Amazon now has a feature you can set up called Family Library, which lets you share ebooks with others.
- That piece of paper: Hood College in Frederick, MD, has an opening for an assistant director of marketing and communications. Hat tip to Frank Blanchard!
- We're moving your office: More than 80 percent of Facebook's daily users are accessing the site on mobile devices.
- Organized for you: Come to my pre-conference workshop at the Spring Speechwriters and Business Communicators Conference in Cambridge, UK, this April. What goes into a TED-quality talk will help speakers, speechwriters and conference organizers understand how to craft and deliver a talk in the style of TED, whether you're getting ready for a TEDx conference or just a presentation in this popular style. Go to this link for more details on what's included, as well as a significant discount. The workshop is on 15 April, and the conference is 16-17 April. Please join me!
Friday, January 30, 2015
@dontgetcaught on Twitter and curated here just for you, communicators. You never know what's hiding under that pile:
So glad you made room on your desktop for me on a Friday. Take some time to sign up for my free monthly newsletter, register for the workshop featured above, or let me know how we can work together in 2015 with an email to eloquentwoman at gmail.com.