- Ear canal: You can now listen to a podcast within a tweet and keep reading your feed at the same time. SoundCloud partners will be offering the first options.
- Televisie: Google, owner of YouTube, is looking and acting more and more like a rival TV network. And that includes ad dollars.
- Going global: Chrome users can get an extension called Earth View that shows a new Google Earth map in a separate tab.
- Lekker: Otto is a new camera built for the age of Instagram. Making GIFs easily is one of its features.
- Screening passengers: For even easier presentations, project a screencast from your iPhone or iPad using QuickTime.
- Hidden gems: You thought that blurring information in that photo would protect it? Not so fast. Here's how to recover blurred information in photos.
- I vote for more vacation time here: Pew released new data on how conservatives and liberals get their news, particularly via social media--although another study suggests the opposite. Nieman Labs and All Facebook weigh in, and Mashable noted that Facebook is a bigger source of political news than CNN or Fox, and trailing only local TV.
- Advanced windmills: The Guardian just jumped ahead of the New York Times in desktop traffic.
Friday, October 24, 2014
No matter where in the world I am, I'm glad we can meet up here on Fridays. Have a great weekend!