- I'll pay you to come away from that window: YouTube is reportedly paying millions to keep its homegrown stars on the site.
- Shut those blinds: Yup. Your friends on Facebook may be unfriending you due to all your vacation photos.
- Windows on the world: You could ignore online video, but then you'd miss nearly 70 percent of all mobile traffic.
- Open window: Dreamstime stock photos have added social options for designers.
- I can see clearly now: Vizio now has a line of 4K TVs you can actually afford.
- Look through any window: Your blog can become a book-producing machine.
- Only peeking: Eavesdrop on small business owners and their frustrations with social media.
- Roman blinds: If you're educating yourself on the ways of Wikipedia, read this interview with its most prolific editor for insights on its strengths.
- Visualize this: If you publish a magazine, Pinterest is now driving more traffic to you than Facebook or Twitter.
- Blinded: Facebook's tweaking the algorithm again, this time to highlight timely and trending stories. If that sounds obvious, it wasn't until recently.
- Curtains: My beloved OhLife, home to my journaling for five years, is shutting down next week. I've recommended it on the blog many times, and I already miss the daily email prompting me to write an entry. I've moved my journaling into Evernote. How about you? If you sign up for a free account using my Evernote link, you can get a free month of its Premium service. Give it a spin.
- Windows of opportunity: The National Council for Behavioral Health has several good jobs open for health communicators, including media relations and digital engagement posts. And the American Association for the Advancement of Science has a new position open for a communication officer in meetings and public engagement. It's an interesting mix of duties, with a focus on engaging public audiences on science topics. Go get 'em!
Friday, September 26, 2014
Twitterstream, and let the sunshine in:
I spy the weekend. So glad you take the time to start it here with me!