- Great seats: Measurement alert: View counts are coming to Facebook videos.
- Trust me, you'll be great: Still making the case for social media? Here, with data, are 5 benefits of social media for business, plus one often-overlooked benefit: trust.
- From backstage to center stage: YouTube is reaching more 18-to-24-year-olds than any cable television network.
- Box office: Over at Twitter, they're trying a "buy" button to boost e-commerce on the network.
- Exit doors: Tumblr is second only to LinkedIn in users' time spent on desktop computers--which may pose an issue in an age where mobile use is expanding rapidly.
- Private box: Facebook's rolling out a Privacy Checkup to help you figure out your settings. Get screen-by-screen instructions and a preview here and here.
- Big screen: Online video advertising is outpacing advertising in most other formats, from TV to digital.
Friday, September 12, 2014
This week, I've been backstage at the TEDMED conference in Washington, DC, coaching speakers and hearing about new ideas in health and medicine. Coaching this conference backstage is a lot like the weekend read: Speakers share all sorts of things with me and I help them focus on what's important. So here's your roundup of what's important, communicators, all in aid of getting smarter by Monday:
Posted by Denise Graveline at Friday, September 12, 2014