- Only for currant events: Speakers at a recent SUNY conference on advancement wondered why universities are still writing press releases? Tim Nekritz sums up the sessions.
- Next, moon pies: The first Vine video from space, showing an unusual view of the sun, will be hard to beat.
- Bake for six hours: Some lucky Swedes will be part of a study comparing a six-hour workday to the usual one. Would you be more productive in a six-hour day?
- Bake in a minute: This infographic sums up what happens in one minute on Facebook. Just the one. Better sit down for this baked good.
- Bake to the future: Can you turn future events into structured data? is a quick look at a Google engineer's effort to reach into media newsroom data--like reporters' files on events in the future--and structuring them for public use. Yes, imagine the public with access to what reporters know is coming ahead. Communicators, you may want to weigh in on this, and he's looking for feedback.
- Pre-baked: Facebook is fantastic at boosting your reach....if you're advertising.
- Recipe search: Pinterest's web search is about to get much more powerful. Find out how.
- Legendary baked goods: Do you publish on Scribd? Here's a look at the story of Scribd, useful perspective.
- An occasional treat: A new study says only 1 in 5 mobile apps is used more than once.
Friday, June 13, 2014
Twitter, just for you, communicators. I've baked them all into this tasty weekend read: