- The gift that keeps on giving: That would be Twitter's mobile notifications. Mashable details how to lose the annoying ones, and keep the ones you want.
- I pinned my gift wish list: Here are five myths about marketing on Pinterest. The time of day that's best for posting may surprise you...
- Dessert first, please: Facebook now offers restaurants the chance to add menus to their pages.
- Gift by committee? Inc. magazine walks you through one company's 45-day process to craft a tweet. If they only work on one at a time, that works out to 8 tweets a year. Bold.
- Updated gift list: Writers love to obsess about writing tools. (It's a purposeful procrastination tactic.) The New York Times takes a look at Medium, a blogging platform beloved by writers. No wonder: It's the creation of Ev Williams, Twitter founder and creator of this blogging platform, Blogger.
- Party photo booth: Squinch your eyes is among the tips for getting a better profile photo. But if you take photos on planes, read this first.
- Birthday trip: Many of the most popular universities on Facebook are online or non-U.S. institutions.
- We're gonna need a bigger party tent: Twitter will have nearly 400 million users by 2018. Where are they coming from? New data says Asia.
- Here's a present: Prezi has named my public speaking blog, The Eloquent Woman, on its list of the 100 top online resources every presenter should see.
Friday, May 30, 2014
This weekend read arrives on my birthday, so have your cake and eat it, too: Celebrate the end of the week or the start of my new year, as you wish. There are gifts for everyone, in the form of my finds-of-the-week, shared on Twitter and curated here for you, communicators. Let's get this party started:
I'll always invite you to my party on Fridays. Thanks for reading and being here again this week!