- Monumental: Want to be presentation of the day on SlideShare and have your cave paintings, er, slides next to the likes of Guy Kawasaki? Here's how.
- Carved-in-stone not on list: HubSpot has parsed the anatomy of a highly shareable infographic. Yes, it's in infographic form. Yes, I've just shared it, highly.
- Thank heaven they're not made of marble: Wearable and embedded tech--the Internet of things--got a closer look in this new Pew report. Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your Google Glass...
- And here's the picture I took of this ruin: Buffer compiled 53 sources for free images for your web and social media needs. You're welcome.
- Pile the ruins here: Forget the sock drawer. Unclutterer blog tackles organizing your Twitter stream.
- Ivy-covered: The White House has released the Smithsonian's digital art collection for app developers.
- Crumbling dice: I just got LON's Little Speaker, a less-than-two-inches-cubed Bluetooth powerhouse that's also super-portable. Might be in love. This will get a workout on my patio this summer, and no one better call that a ruin. For clarity.
- Gathering no moss: Over on The Eloquent Woman, I shared notes from my workshop at the Aligning Forces for Quality meeting on how to give a killer presentation. Better study up: Next week on this blog, I'm looking at one way comms directors are getting in the way of those killer presos, according to some in my audience at the workshop.
- Bare, ruined choirs where late the sweet birds sang: Now you can mute overtalkative people on Twitter. Bragging points if you can identify where that heading comes from without using Google.
- This ruins everything: If a news story involves leaked information, the White House says, administration officials won't be able to discuss it with reporters.
- A modern ruin, remembered: The New York Times has a thorough multimedia package on the opening of the new National September 11 Memorial Museum, opening this week at ground zero in Manhattan.
Friday, May 16, 2014
shared on Twitter, can be the building blocks you need to get smarter by Monday: