- On March 27, I'll be speaking in London to the Fabian Women's Network on Succeeding as a public speaker. We'll be meeting at the Palace of Westminster--yes, Parliament--and examining common challenges and mistakes in public speaking as well as useful tips for the network, which encourages women to achieve social and political change and participate in public life. As a former public official myself, I'm looking forward to meeting these engaged women.
- On April 2, I'll be in Oxford, UK, to bring Be The Eloquent Woman, my workshop on women and public speaking, to the annual conference of the European Speechwriter Network and the UK Speechwriters' Guild. The workshop is open to the public and seats are still available. Go here to register. While you're at it, register for the speechwriters conference--it's a fantastic meeting. I'm so looking forward to learning from these wonderful colleagues.
- On April 23, I'll be leading my workshop on how to Be an Expert on Working with Experts, with cancer communicators and fundraisers at the annual conference of the National Association of Cancer Center Development Officers (NACCDO) and the National Cancer Institute Public Affairs and Marketing Network (PAN) in Columbus, Ohio. Go here to read more about the session, which is open only to registrants of the conference. I'm looking forward to joining this lively group of smart communicators again--it's one of the best-organized meetings I attend.
- On May 15, I'll be convening another session of Be The Eloquent Woman in Washington, DC. It's a subversive new workshop that helps women executives and public officials learn how women speakers are perceived and how to turn those expectations on their heads with confidence, content and credibility. You can grab a sweet discount by registering by April 11. Go here to read how the first workshop went and what participants had to say.
- On June 19, also in Washington, DC, I'll convene a session of Be an Expert on Working with Experts that's open to the public. Designed for communications pros who work with subject-matter experts, scientists and policy researchers, this is a popular workshop--and you get an early discount for registering by May 9. This is the workshop I wish I'd had earlier in my career, based on my own effort to understand why the smart folks I work with weren't always willing to cooperate with my communications efforts. And I'm happy to share that hard-earned wisdom with you. While this is the latest workshop on my calendar, seats are already filling for this session...don't delay your registration.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
From Ohio and Oxford, UK, to Washington, DC, my list of speaking gigs and workshops is expanding in April, May and June. Some are open to the public, others to conference attendees; some are for public speakers and presenters, others for communications pros. Check out this updated list of where to catch me and join us if you can:
Posted by Denise Graveline at Tuesday, March 18, 2014