- Leaf blower: This'll blow your mind: an app that lets you set up a website within Facebook.
- Make a nice pile of leaves: Twitter's big news this week was a storytelling option that lets you pull tweets together in a timeline to capture a story-in-progress. Here's the lowdown from Business Insider and from Mashable.
- Rake it in: You've been dragging your feet on Google+, haven't you? (I can hear it from here.) I'm guessing you could use its 353 million users, or some of the 5 billion +1s that are generated every day. (Yes, that's a "b.") HubSpot has a six-step process for generating leads on Google+.
- Leaf peeping: Take a closer look at the tiny digital cameras that are changing yet again how we do online video, such as the GoPro.
- Leaving, part one: Teenagers are deserting Facebook--even FB has acknowledged it. Find out which messaging apps are taking teens away from Facebook.
- Fall for this: What would I say? is an app that pulls from your existing Facebook status updates to make really odd-sounding, wonderful, funny new ones. You can post them, or just laugh like crazy. Addictive!
- Real-leaf experience: LinkedIn announced a new way to indicate certifications for courses you take online, on your profile.
- Calling all rakers: Now you can reach almost anyone via Facebook Messenger. Srsly.
- Leaving, part two: More journos are leaving the New York Times. Pay attention to where they're going.
- Big pile of leaves: Want to try crowdfunding? Learn these best practices. And if you want to make money on Pinterest, it's driving 25 percent more sales than a year ago.
- Choose your pile: Journalists prefer Twitter to Facebook, says one.
- Fall colors: Forget filters. Are you using Instagram overlays and stickers? Here are 7 creative ways to do just that.
- Bag these leaves: MOO.com has another 25% off sale going on, perfect timing for business cards, holiday cards and more. But hurry: It's in force only until November 17.
- Each leaf is unique: Facebook is moving an existing page feature, 5-star rankings. Here's how it might affect your page and fans.
Friday, November 15, 2013
Twitter this week:
It's nearly the end of the year. Are you leaving professional development or training money on the table? Email me at infoATdontgetcaughtDOTbiz to schedule individual or group training in public speaking, presenting, or social media; to prep for your upcoming TED or TEDx talk; or a communications retreat.
Can't leave until I tell you how delighted I am that you find your way here on Fridays. Have a wonderful weekend!