- Sketch pad: HubSpot shared 25 'boring' companies with brilliant social media cover photos, a portfolio of creative ideas you can steal.
- Coloring outside the lines: Facebook just made images that appear in timelines bigger, in an effort to improve click-through rates.
- Get the lead out: Storify was sold to Livefyre and plans are to keep it going, perhaps expanding to the enterprise level.
- Where's the eraser? In how to write a good tagline, Steve Cody offers examples and cautionary tales, with advice for crafting mottos that not only stand the test of time, but avoid winding up as a comedian's punchline.
- Scribble, scribble: Facebook issued two APIs that will allow certain news organizations to use your public posts in real time.
- Pencil tip: Here's a primer on how to create an animated GIF.
- Draw a curved line: Wolfram Alpha aggregated data donated by its users to predict what your relationship statuses will look like over your lifetime.
I've got two smart workshops for communicators this fall: Be an Expert on Working with Experts on October 8, or The Keys to Confident Public Speaking on October 17. Join us and register today!