- Meme me: Memes are older than you think. Find out the origin of the word, historic memes, and the formulas for the most popular types of memes. It's Friday, see.
- Publish me: BoingBoing blog has started its own publishing imprint.
- Analyze me: Twitter has quietly opened up its analytics so anyone can use it, not just those promoting ads. You'll enjoy playing with this.
- Stupid me: Why you should aim to be the dumbest person in the room.
- Measure me: This roundup of what people are really doing on the Internet is a little trove of data and perspective. One sample: "500 million photos are shared and uploaded per day. More photos are uploaded and shared on Snapchat than Instagram. Snapchat's upload volume is about 1/3 of Facebook's."
- Count me: A clever new Twitter bookmarklet called Emph.it will keep count of the number of characters as you are selecting text to tweet.
- Tell me: Amazon Storyteller is a cool new tool that will turn your script into a storyboard.
- Excuse me: I'm among those who share Mary Meeker's sought-after slides on Internet data--and it turns out, they include some misinformation. Get yer update here.
Feeling all shiny and new having you visit here on Fridays. Have a great weekend!
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you: