- Evernote has workshops--soon: Tomorrow, May 29 in New York City or June 18 in Redwood City, California, you can learn more about how to be productive with Evernote. (The California session is at Evernote's headquarters.)
- The workshop I wish I'd had: My own Be an Expert on Working With Experts session takes place June 13, but registration ends this week at midnight ET Friday, May 31. The good news: The discounted registration of $300 for the daylong workshop is in effect. This intensive session is for communicators and related professions who work with subject-matter experts, scientists and policy wonks and want to do a better job collaborating with them to meet your communications goals.
- If you're thinking of making the jump to independence, The Creative Freelancer Conference, June 22 to 24 in San Francisco, has insights, experts, networking and mentoring on everything from your client relationships to what supplies and tech you'll need.
- She's all that: Both men and women attend BlogHer, which is July 25-27 in Chicago, and includes numerous tracks on tech, tactics and content, plus top-name keynote speakers. It's a huge conference, but one that will leave you full of ideas for next steps on your blog. The pre-conference sessions on July 25 are about moving your blog forward in specific areas--like creating a book from it. Be warned: Hotel rooms and conference registrations sell out fast for this popular meeting. Book now if you're interested.
- Across the pond: The European Speechwriters Network fall leadership and communications conference will be September 19-20 in Brussels. I just gave the keynote at the spring meeting of this group, and can recommend it highly--it's a jam-packed session and a great network of speechwriters, communicators working for top executives and speaker coaches. Look for workshops alongside the main conference program.
- A bigger nonprofit pool: The Communications Network, focused on private foundation communicators, has expanded its conference so that nonprofits also can attend. Coming up October 2-4 in New Orleans, registration for this popular conference opens in early June and always books up soon. Another "don't delay" conference to put on your calendar. Here's a tip: Follow the link and send the Network an email saying you'd like to hear about early registration before it opens up to all.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Posted by Denise Graveline at Tuesday, May 28, 2013