- Little surfer: Hotel guests are turning away from the TV to use streaming media.
- Not the water table: Google Table Search restricts your search results to pages that have tables.
- The big Kahuna? Google+ "is racking up large numbers of new users and continues to outpace Twitter as the world's number two social network, behind perennial titan Facebook...it now can boast 359 million active users, up 33 percent from 269 million users at the end of June 2012, according to GlobalWebIndex."
- Catch a wave, you'll be sitting on top of the world: Another reason for nonprofits to consider Google+ pages: They'll now be more prominently featured in search results.
- Don't wipeout: Seth Godin had wise words this week on whether you're waiting to be picked, and whether that's smart.
- Beach blanket bingo: LinkedIn *finally* lets you add pictures and video to your profile pages.
- Hang ten: USC has launched a new center that wants to measure the impact of all kinds of media--and they'd like your suggestions about what types of measurements you'd like to see. Share your thoughts with @MediaMetrics on Twitter.
- Surfin' USA: The New York Times revamped its mobile site this week.
- Surfing safari? The American Council on Science & Health says negative tweets are contagious, after analyzing tweets about children's vaccines during an H1N1 scare. But "analyzing a limited segment of the population on a niche topic and using that to say people are only negative on Twitter doesn't add up." Read all about it.
- Carve that wave: Is Pinterest cutting into Facebook's market share? Data compiled since the 2012 holidays seems to point that way.
- Chubby Checkers who don't get in the water: 13 million Facebook users haven't touched their privacy settings. I'm betting they're the same group that forwards those panicky messages about privacy, too.
Discount dives: You've got just two weeks left to land the discount on registration for my popular workshop, Be an Expert on Working with Experts, coming up June 13. The discount ends May 16, and all registration closes May 31. If you're going to be in London in mid-May, check out the International Speechwriting Conference. I'm giving the closing keynote, and you'll get a discount for registering with the code "EloquentWoman."
And I can't let the tide go out on this week without thanking you for being here...
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you: