- It didn't take a genius to figure out that Twitter's been neglecting the Android app for Tweetdeck. Darn thing's been broke for weeks. Now comes word it's killing both the iPhone and Android apps in favor of the web service, to which I switched awhile back, but like less. If I sound grouchy, it's because Tweetdeck's one of my favorite services. Don't mess this up too much, Twitter.
- Great minds: Google and Facebook are going to play nice together to fix an issue with Google's Android Gingerbread operating system that was preventing Facebook updates for its apps on that platform.
- That's a lot of geniuses: 58 million professionals have received 1 billion LinkedIn endorsements, says the site's blog, which finally explains why you'd want endorsements: They make it 4 times more likely that your profile will be viewed.
- Get smart: Tim Nekritz of SUNY-Oswego makes a compelling case that content, not contests, make for compelling social media success.
- Highbrow: Speakers, lecturers, artists, heads up: Google is introducing art talks on Google+. What can you learn from this for your own actions on G+?
- So smart: Google+ Hangouts now have special support for sign language interpreters.
- Recorded genius: Entrepreneurs share their tips for how to make a good amateur business video.
- Head in the clouds: Don't know about you, but I keep most things in the cloud these days. CloudKafe offers an index for all your cloud-based gems.
- If you're as smart as you look, you'll want to check out the companies that keep stress in line. Say hello to Hawaii...
- Sound thinking: Need someone to read blog posts to you while you multitask? Leave the intern alone and get the SoundGecko app.
- Great minds, part deux: Google's reportedly working on an Amazon Prime-like shipping service, and YouTube plans to take on Spotify with a music subscription service.
- Head of the class: If your colleagues still aren't sure about Facebook pages, tell them the water's pretty warm now that there are 15 million of them.
I've enjoyed seeing lots of weekend readers in New York City this week, but I'm always glad to see you here on Fridays. TGIF...
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you.