- Broken: BP just got caught manipulating its own Wikipedia pages, with a PR type rewriting nearly half of the entry just weeks before another court hearing.
- Let's keep these under wraps: Fortunately, I have the best boss of all, but if you don't, you may need to know these 9 core beliefs of truly horrible bosses.
- Talk about a lift: Business Insider shares its stats from a story that got crazy-good traffic referrals from (wait for it) Google+. And it's a story about math.
- Getting around your FB embargoes: You didn't post it, but Facebook may still know about it by tapping outside data sources and using them to drop more targeted ads in your path.
- No embargoing this: "Clipping" by services that monitor news and social media may not represent "fair use" under the copyright laws, a U.S. court says. You don't have to like this one, you just need to read it.
- Keep the release right in front of you: Ever try to multitask by watching an online video, then trying to scroll and read something else? That tends to hide the video. A service called Video Tape (charming) will "dock" the video so you can continue scrolling but still keep it in view.
- I really couldn't say. Crunch. Be glad you were not the spokesperson who had to answer this inquiry about a member of Congress's overspending on snacks.
- Follow the numbers: Why create infographics just for public audiences? Why not use Visual.ly to make infographics to jazz up those internal presentations about your Google Analytics? Now you can.
- Breaking: A UK firm has started a division for Kickstarter PR.
- Do we need to call in the lawyers? Here's how to be sure you're legally using those online photos.
- Embargo needed so you have extra time to study this one: The 2013 eNonprofits Benchmark Study is out, with news about soaring social media use and not-so-great email marketing results, and much more. A great data dive.
If you like the "Keep calm" image above, you can go here to order it in poster/mug/t-shirt and other forms. Sadly, I get nothing from this, but when I see the poster in your office, I'll know you as a weekend reader.
It's no secret that I appreciate your reading and following the blog. Let's lift the embargo and get the weekend going...
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you: