- Snowed in sounds good now: Can't get out of the office to learn amazing video effects? There are five YouTube channels for that. Commence the desktop dive.
- Or just snowed: Here's a reminder from the World Economic Forum in Davos, going on this week, that you can make data tell the story you want to tell.
- Higher sleducation: Here's a handy infographic on higher education tech trends and data for 2013.
- Dashing through the tweets: Twitter has made it easier and faster to embed tweets, and to insert video into tweets. Go here to learn how to use the video feature, called Vine, which has already been blocked by Facebook.
- That'll be one cold sleigh ride: Should you really read a post about how to start over from a blog called Life Without Pants? I think so.
- Downhill, indeed: Groupon has canceled all its gun-related deals. Who knew they had gun-related deals?
- Who needs a sled when you can snowmobile? Target will skip buying a Super Bowl commercial in favor of creating a mobile game for the occasion.
- Short slope: Should your app have an expiration date? Take a lesson from the New York Times.
- Don't eat the snow: McDonald's is loading nutritional info in QR codes.
Don't be snowed by others. I'm grateful this is where you hang out during the week and the run-up to the weekend. Thanks, as always, for putting the read in the weekend read.
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you: