- Shut the door: In a major disaster or emergency, turning to YouTube for news makes sense--the site is curating emergency video in real time now.
- Open-door leadership: Andrew Careaga blogs about higher education and marketing, and since his chancellor at the Missouri University of Science and Technology has joined Twitter, he's done a useful roundup of college presidents and such on social media.
- Post no bills: Facebook now targets you with ads, 8 ways.
- There's a party behind these doors: Election season = a great time to keep an eye on the latest innovations in social media. Here's a good roundup of what you'll see convention-wise on Facebook.
- The door to the training room: Lack of training is a greater source of job dissatisfaction for journalists than salary or job security, says a Knight Foundation study. Is that true in your communications operation, too?
- Your blog opportunity's knocking: Melinda Emerson, aka @SmallBizLady and a New York Times small business columnist on social media, has a 3-part series going on blogging that's worth checking out. This post's on monetizing, and others address getting started and helping your blog to stand out.
- Peephole for Pages: Want to know who's subscribing to your Facebook Page, but not "liking" it? Admins of FB pages can get a list.
- Think car door: The next Knight News Challenge will be all mobile. Are you in?
- Plus-sized door: Google+ Hangouts just got better audio with a new feature called "studio mode," and in general on Google+, you can now have a vanity URL--perhaps more attractive to your brand.
- Door and camera stop: Want to take a series of fast shots on your Android phone, but don't have a newer model? Fast Burst Camera is for you.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Twitterstream this week. As usual, it's a pile of data, insights, good reads and jobs--and you get door-to-door delivery just in time for the weekend:
I'll leave the door open for next time: If you're trying to register for Be an Expert on Working with Experts, registration is closed for the August 23 session. But I want to know if you're interested in the next session, so go here and select "put me on the waiting list for...." that workshop. Hoping I'll schedule it at a certain time? Go ahead and let me know at infoATdontgetcaughtDOTbiz.
Finally, the ballpark here will be closed next Friday--a rare couple of days off, so I tried to make this weekend read extra-jam-packed to keep you going. See you back here on the 31st for another weekend read!