- Every roadtrip needs photos: In Pictures, Or It Didn't Happen on Mobile, you'll see how Foursquare's recent upgrade--which included expanded picture options--is in line with the new visual approach to mobile, including Pinterest.
- Driving them into the shadows: In Why are Two-Thirds of European Bloggers Hiding? Social Media Explorer digs into the research that shows that more Euro bloggers are doing so under pseudonyms, compared to U.S. bloggers.
- Holiday Road: Go local musically on your next tape with Mixtape Roadtrips, which yields local artists based on your route, as plotted on a Google Map.
- The road ahead: How Social Media Could Have Stopped Sandusky, from the New Yorker, is full of great insights about social media, news and the power of ordinary citizens observing small details to change a situation. If your company or organization is ignoring this now, read and learn.
- Passing fancy: Fresh ways to handle blog criticism is here to help.
- That's a good...oh, nevermind: Have a Museum of Good Ideas? Too Bad points out that your reject pile of ideas might be the right place to turn to boost your creativity.
- New road pattern: ifft (short for If This, Then That) is one of my favorite productivity tools. It has a big redesign and some new features, including integration with some Belkin devices. Think home automation...
- Carpooling: SlideShare has announced integration with Pinterest, so you can post your SlideShare slides there. And YouTube has joined Pinterest, establishing an account. See what it's pinning here.
I'm looking at holding another session of the experts workshop in August. Want to be sure you find out about it? Go here and check the box next to "put me on the list for the next Be an Expert on Working with Experts workshop," and you'll be among the first to know. Have a preference for a specific date or location, or want me to bring the workshop to your workplace? Email me directly at info[at]dontgetcaught[dot]biz. So far, participants in the workshop series have included communicators from the American Academcy of Physician Assistants, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Farm Bureau, American Farm Bureau, Defenders of Wildlife, German Marshall Fund of the United States, Johns Hopkins University, National Science Foundation, Results, Vanguard Communications, UMBC, and more. I hope you'll be next. Enjoy that weekend!