- Getaway car to the future: The New York Times has made beta-testing easy with Test Drive, a new browser extension that will let readers try out new features not yet ready for prime time.
- RTFM on wheels: Manuals Lib is an online library of product manuals. What reference material could you make available in this way?
- Understanding the latest alien world: Making sense of Pinterest metrics and analytics tools is a good place to start.
- Back to the future: 85% of the world will have high-speed mobile Internet by 2017. Just tellin' you, so you're ready.
- Never happened? You wish: Honeywell's PR chief barricaded a reporter in a room when the journo was just trying to interview the company CEO...and now the reporter's pressing charges. Locking them down doesn't appear in my media relations playbook. I'm with the journo on this one.
- My collection of planets: Meet Content blog has a look at what content curation is and how to get it right. How do you score?
- The universe is on DVR: The newest Nielsen data says people are turning away from teevee. We still love teevee, but from a distance, on demand and without commercials.
- Who you gonna call? Harvard Business Review suggests you get a mentor who scares you. No, they didn't suggest me, per se.
Friday, June 08, 2012
Twitterstream this week, so you can steal away knowing you'll be even smarter, come Monday. Here's my stash:
And a job: The George Washington University is looking for a Director of Communications and Marketing for its School of Media and Public Affairs.
Workshop deadline nears: This weekend is your last chance to register for my June 19 workshop, 'Be an Expert on Working with Experts.' Registration closes at midnight ET on Sunday, June 10. Save your weekend time for fun and register today. Communicators who have taken or will take this workshop come from top scientific membership societies, federal research agencies, major universities, PR firms, and nonprofits working in foreign relations, poverty, environmental conservation, agriculture policy and more. Join us!