- A new tool gets better: PinAQuote and its pro version--indispensible tools for making text into visual quotes for Pinterest--is now ShareAsImage, and works for Facebook and Twitter as well as Pinterest. If you already had the pro account, you'll retain it under the new name.
- Open the gate: The UK government has asked Wikipedia to help it come up with a way to make research funded by taxpayers more widely available online.
- Signs point to yes: Journos from AP, Mashable, Huffington Post and CNN tell PR pros what they should know about infographics.
- For sale sign: Pinterest now tops Facebook for commerce in the social space.
- Healthy views: TEDMED 2012 videos have started to post here. Check back for new videos each week.
- To-go fitness: The market for mobile health apps is soaring and could reach $1.3 billion this year.
- Pin this to your wallet: Online eyeglasses retailer Warby Parker blew through its sales goals in record time, thanks to Pinterest. Need a business case? Read this one.
- Hurry up on this job: The National Cancer Institute has a senior public affairs post open, but the posting will be up for only a few more days, so move fast. And UNC-Chapel Hill's School of Public Health has another communications job open here.
@dontgetcaught Great presentation at the @pannaccdo conference. We will start incorporating your suggestions as soon as we can #cancerblog
— Fox Chase Cancer Ctr (@FoxChaseCancer) May 10, 2012
More seats were taken this week in my June 19 workshop, Be an Expert on Working with Experts -- and you'll find some fellow feeling in the questions and challenges reported by participants about the experts they work with. The early registration discount runs out two weeks from today, if there are seats left by then. Don't delay on that--or on getting your weekend started. As usual, thanks for being here.