- Heating up search: Now you can use that Google search box to find resources suitable for particular reading levels, or to plot a 3D graph.
- All seeds, no heat: Did you wonder how those studies on fan engagement with Facebook timelines could come out so fast? Inside Facebook advises "Ignore them." Find out why.
- The spice of life: Ever wonder how to do what you love? Paul Graham has, and shares some good ideas in this long and thoughtful read.
- Best of the bunch: My protip for making sense of SXSW: Find good thinkers and get their insights. The Colorado Health Foundation's communications director for web and new media, Lisa Harris, shares her SXSW inspirations and insights here.
- Farmville knows you like peppers: Put aside those other privacy concerns. The real question is: How much do your friends' Facebook apps know about you?
- Hot (CEO) suite: Your CEO will be seen as more trustworthy if she's using social media. Says so right here.
- Pepper-e: Check out these 5 ebook hurdles and how to get around, over and through them.
- Add flavor to your music explorations: Seevl, a Chrome extension, will add liner notes and ways to discover more music when you watch YouTube music videos. Oh, dear. There goes the rest of the week.
- Pep up your page, 2 ways: Involver has added an easy-to-use, no-code way to build custom apps for your Facebook page timeline. And now UStream brings live video to your Facebook timeline. Let the games begin...
- No budget for spices? The 2012 Nonprofit Social Networking Benchmark Report has lots of good data, and this gem: 43 percent of the nonprofits surveyed budget exactly $0 for social networking.
- Get it while it's hot: The Associated Press Stylebook Online will go up in price 5 percent in May, the first price increase since 2007....you know what to do now.
Friday, April 06, 2012
How was your week? Nice and spicy, or too hot to handle? Get a taste of the weekend here, with my recipe for success. The ingredients list comes from the data, resources and ideas that came through my Twitter stream. They'll have you feeling like a Top Chef just in time for the weekend:
Next week, I'm diving into TEDMED, which takes place here in Washington--so let me know if I can find you there. And this week, as always, I'm grateful for your readership. Enjoy the weekend!