- Rethink your profile images: Your profile images might be the most important ones you put online. Here's a photo-cropping tool that will help you extend a photo over several thumbnails in your Google+ profile banner.
- Cover yourself: For Facebook's new timeline "cover photos," here's a precise set of measurements for the images. Facebook also offers advice for choosing a photo for your FB timeline cover, and here's advice on how to rock a cool cover image even if you can't afford a designer.
- Is it you, rather than your cover? If it's a photo of you we're talking about, here are tips for achieving a better business photo of yourself.
- Make your images move: Tumblr is a popular home for animated GIFs (just search the tag GIF to see), and recently upgraded capacity to allow 1MB per photo post, which leaves lots of room for creative animated images. In a different way, you can animate your Google+ profile images, which appear in a line across the top of your profile.
- Want to pin? Look to your blog images: If you want to pin posts from your blog to a Pinterest board, they'll get more attention if you have a smashing image already in the post. Here are some tools and ideas from Problogger about creating sensational blog images.
- Tweeting when you're a visual brand: If your work is built around images, Twitter can still be a useful tool for highlighting your visuals. Here are 4 tips and tricks. Don't forget that Twitter's redesign means users can see your images and videos in-line, making it a stronger visual site than ever before.
- Improving your images? Just don't overdo it. Lifehacker looks at how to enhance your images without making them look all Photoshopped.
- Are you a source for others' images? It's always smart to think not just of the images you're pushing out, but the ones your fans are taking. Make it easy for users to take and share photos of your products, location, buildings or other visual treats. Here's a great blog post from a Washington, DC, museum with tips for how to take photographs of its art collection.
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Posted by Denise Graveline at Thursday, March 08, 2012