- Plus one, indeed: Observers estimate huge growth in Google+, in part fueled by high sales of Android devices (which bundle it in). I'd add that its integration with Blogger sure helps. Don't overlook this versatile new network.
- Now, here's some incentive to communicate: The National Academy of Sciences Keck Futures Initiative is offering four $20,000 prizes for communicating science on radio or television, in books, in magazines and newspapers or online. Nominate at the link.
- Ivy-covered paywalls: The Knight Foundation offered to offset initial charges for college news sites that use Press+ to generate revenue, and more than 30 such sites have taken them up on the offer so far.
- Now hear this: Online audio tools for journalists are reviewed here, and communicators won't be far behind with this list, I expect. A smart roundup.
- Multitaskers, we see you...on TV: Midway through this video interview, you'll learn how social media's changing our TV viewing: 40 percent of tweets during prime-time televisions shows are from the audience watching them.
A heads-up to newsletter subscribers: Since the majority of subscribers to For Communications Directors also signed up for Step Up Your Speaking, my newsletter for The Eloquent Woman blog, the two newsletters are merging. Speakers & Communicators newsletter debuts this month--stay tuned!