- Shifting sands: Even relatively recent marketing options are being unsettled by social media. Here's a new study that says small businesses prefer Facebook over paid search results (I'm not surprised by this one).
- Put aside that plastic shovel and dig deeper: Going beyond the Facbook "likes" land grab tells you how to get past that simple metric with more engaging tactics.
- X marks the spot: Create your own animated Google map was dubbed "freakin' awsome!" by one of my followers. He's right.
- Spot the wave: Members of the U.S. House of Representatives now can use Skype for video chat, a real game changer in government and constituent relations. Start planning for those video events now, kids.
- Sunglasses? The Getty Museum enabled all of its permanent collection paintings with Google Goggles...a great case study you might be able to use with your visual offerings.
Use the Evernote clip button, above, to save this post in an Evernote notebook or start an Evernote account. Subscribe to For Communications Directors, my free monthly newsletter, which features content before it appears here on the blog.