Rather than have them come from, oh, your editors, why not schedule your own reminders with Alertful, a free new service that sends cute email reminders at intervals you choose. I'd use this type of reminder service for:
- Ultimate deadline reminders
- Prompts to self-edit a few days before submittal
- Prompts to proofread
- Reminders about followup phone calls or interview questions
- Encouraging messages during a long slog
- Reminders to go take a walk or other break
Would you try this--or have you tried another, similar service? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Subscribe to For Communications Directors, my free monthly newsletter, which features content before it appears here on the blog. Then head over to don't get caught on Facebook, where you'll see new social media trends, technology and communications issues as they crop up during the week--and great conversations with our community of communicators.