- Why are colleges flunking web strategy 101? asked Fast Company. Among other things, you may be treating your website as a project, rather than a process. Read on for more.
- Can you apply multimedia skills to non-multimedia jobs? Normally, I love the 10,000 Words blog, but this post suggests in its headline that PR folks, educators and entrepreneurs are "non-multimedia jobs." Despite that foolery, check this post to glean other insights.
- Do you have the 10 web skills every journalist must have? I liked much better this post, from which you can steal some ideas for the job description you keep writing for your next communications hire.
- Are you mobile ready? That just means being ready, according to this post.
- Do you know how Facebook decides what to put in your news feed? These 10 prioritizers will help you decide what to post.
- Do you think older Americans don't use mobile devices? Think again, thanks to this clue-you-in post.
- Do you know the sites that exemplify the "new curators of the social web?" They are Slices of Boulder, Storify and Swift River, according to this post from the Groundswell blog.
Subscribe to For Communications Directors, my free monthly newsletter, which features content before it appears here on the blog. Then head over to don't get caught on Facebook, where you'll see new social media trends, technology and communications issues as they crop up during the week--and great conversations with our community of communicators.