- We like "like:" Almost 65 million Facebook users hit the "like" button daily--that's a phenomenon fed by the recent ability to post Facebook "like" buttons outside the site and on your web page or blog. Do you blog? TypePad reports that the "like" button helps boost blog traffic by 50 percent.
- Tired of status updating? Then you need these tips and tricks that include adding "dislike" buttons, adding symbols to your status, or even getting statistics about them. Or, get serious and optimize your news feed so business--whatever yours is--can find you.
- Facebook's mulling a new mobile strategy, moving beyond "just an app" to a more layered approach. Read these musings from Facebook's new head of mobile products to get hints of what's under consideration.
- Yes, it can drive business your way: This roundup includes Facebook business-driver examples (and those from other sites) that include corporations like Levi's and a dentist in private practice.
- Staying on top of Facebook improvements pays: You may have missed the new "hovercard" feature that helps you better see newsfeed updates; the redesign of event pages; the new helps for Facebook page administrators that pop up as soon as your page is created; new analytics tools; and a new "suggested interests" box that my lead users to your page. And way to keep users on the site longer: Facebook's improving its integration with Skype. Conference calls on Facebook can't be far behind.
- Facebook video deserves your attention, and not just the flicks themselves. Check out these stats and a forecast of what's ahead.
Enter your email address in the box at right to get For Communications Directors, my free monthly newsletter, then head over to the don't get caught page on Facebook to continue the discussion.