I say that because of the range of options I see on the editing panel, which lets me do things like:
- See and edit all my available videos and images, even those not created on this camera. All the editing tools appear to work with those videos, too.
- Manipulate color brightness, contrast and saturation -- the latter lets me take nearly all the color out of a video for a near black-and-white effect or dial it up to super-psychedelic-saturation point.
- Frame-by-frame advance for a great level of precision editing.
- Converting your video into special effects, like black-and-white, sepia and "old movie" (complete with scratched frames); fish-eye perspective; overexposure; watercolor or sketch effects; and more.
- Speed changes ranging in gradations from 1/5 to 5 times the original speed;
- Rotation moving left at 90-degree intervals; and
- Lighting enhancement.
For a pocket-size point-and-shoot camcorder, those features add much to the arsenal of what you can produce inexpensively and fast for your website, blog or social media posts. I'm looking forward to what my testers come up with as editing and shooting options. Stay tuned!
Buy a Kodak Zi8