- This week, I'm speaking to the Tech Council of Maryland in Rockville, Thursday, January 15, on using social networking tools online for "Power Networking." The program includes tips on in-person as well as online networking.
- February 12 in Chicago (you heard me), I'll lead
another "Communicating Science" workshop at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Another in a series of workshops for research scientists -- covering the basics of developing messages and speaking approaches about technical topics for publicaudiences, as well as ways to reach broader audiences -- are sponsored by AAAS and the National Science Foundation, and free, but pre-registration is a must; go here for details, and hereto see how previous workshops went.
- In March, date to be determined, I'll speak on social media as a communications tool for the Capital Communicators Group. There's still time to influence this session--what would you like us to discuss?
- I'm keynoting the Construction Writers Association's annual conference in Alexandria, Virginia, on May 5, speaking to the group on "Gaining an Edge with Social Media," in both communications and journalism.
- ways to integrate social media into your existing communications strategies;
- howto make changes now to improve your next speech or presentation;
- issues and tips for women on public speaking;
- how to develop your message and put it across effectively; and
- what communications directors need to focus on in 2009.